Building your own home is definitely going to be one of the more important choices you’re going to make in your lifetime. Because you’ll be making a large and long-term investment, you want to be sure that you’re making all of the right choices. Although building a house, vs. buying a house already made, is more than likely going to cost you more money in the beginning, you can expect to recoup some of this money due to the fact that your new home isn’t going to require very much maintenance for several years.
The following are some of the pros that come with building a house:
- The best thing about choosing to build your new house vs. buying one that’s already built, is the fact that you get to customize it so that it perfectly meets the vision you have in mind
- You’re able to include a number of green features that make your new home more efficient. New energy codes promote better efficiency standards when it comes to heating, cooling, insulation, ventilation, and filtration when building a house
- You can choose appliances that offer energy star ratings, which is going to save you money and is better for the environment. You can choose plumbing fixtures that allow you to save water, i.e. water saving toilets. There’s no need to worry about the toxic materials that are often found in already built houses, i.e. lead paint, asbestos, mold
- The overall costs of maintaining the new house will be low for at least a few years as everything is brand new.
Some cons that you should think about also before you start building your own home:
- Building a house from scratch is going to take time. If you were to buy a new house, you could probably expect to move in within a matter of weeks. When customizing a new home, it’s going to be a matter of months before you’re able to move in
- You’ll need to find and purchase a lot so you can have a place to build your new home. The lot may or may not include bushes, grass, trees, etc. which means you may also need to work on building a yard, too
- Building a new home can cost more than buying one that’s prebuilt. (If you’re concerned that the cost of building a house is going to be too expensive, keep in mind that you’re able to recoup your investment by including features that will require less maintenance and fewer repairs.)
Whether you decide to buy or build, we can help with both.
Why RCH Custom Homes
At RCH, we go above and beyond what’s expected of custom home builders – because we believe our clients are worth it. We take a lot of pride in the fact that we’re able to make the vision our clients have of their custom-built home come true. We’re able to do this by working closely with them, every single step of the way, as this is the only way the end result will be exactly what they’ve envisioned.
Above all – we’re licensed and insured.
Call us at 218-790-1468 with your questions, you’ll be surprised, it’s easier than you thought!